Enjoy Today.

posted on: Friday, September 7, 2012

Photobucket

Yesterday, was rough. A visit to the doctor's office where I had to slap myself from passing out and a long drive home made for a long day. Brecken was in good spirits though. As soon as I picked him up from preschool his keen sense recognized that I didn't feel well. When we arrived home we cuddled on the couch, and as I drifted in and out of sleep he then played quietly on the floor. When I finally awoke he was sitting in front of me holding a roll of paper in one hand and water colors in the other. Poor thing just wanted to play. So as I sat on the floor nursing Addy, Brecken painted away, jabbering in his own language, occasionally laughing at a joke only he understood.

His curiosity for creating was mesmerizing to watch--his tiny fingers trying to paint as carefully as possible all the while as his chicken legs bounced up and down with glee. It was one of those moments I wanted to capture in time, freezing each frame so that one day when it's rainy and dreary I can open it up to bring in some brightness. 

How serendipitous that of all days I should have also come across this quote.

 "You will never have this day with your children again. 
Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. 
This day is a gift. Breathe and notice. 
Smell and touch them; study their face and little feet and pay attention.
Relish the charms of the present. 
enjoy today, mama. it will be over before you know it." 
-jen hatmaker.

2 comments:

  1. That quote is PERFECT! Embodies exactly how I feel about being a parent. Loved this post, Halsey. So thoughtful and sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears in my eyes. Beautiful post Halz.

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger