Fun on the Farm...

posted on: Monday, August 15, 2011

 I grew up hauling grain in an old Pepsi truck, bucking fresh cut hay bales, riding horses, using baling twine to repair things, and waking up to do early morning chores.

 So when we head out to my in-laws' farm it's always reminiscent of my life before Hunk--now that I live in a place with manicured lawns, sidewalks, neighbors, and no manure...

;)
 Punk gets a little excited when he is at the farm. He likes to run, and run, and run...poor goats would never have a chance.

 While Punk likes to run around chasing the goats, chickens, and ducks Hunk and I like to check out what's new in the green house.
 There is a plethora of tomatoes....
 ...and whatever this is....
 and grapes....and lots more stuff that is still "baking."
My favorite place at the farm is the pond. Not really into swimming in it, but I love when the ducks are out wading in the water.
 Punk's favorite place is always playing with the "things" that are not toys. Today's "toy" of choice was his Grandpa's sprinkler.

We have a budding engineer on our hands...
Hunk's favorite place is around the horses.

 Don't be fooled by his cuteness--this little guy is a biter.
 This is the biter's mama. She is awnry.
Even though Punk doesn't live on a farm I hope that as he gets older that he will be able to appreciate the simple things that an ag life provides--learning how to work with his hands, caring for animals, and understanding the meaning of a hard days work.

And if that doesn't work I just hope he learns how fun it is to get dirty....

I think he already has that covered...

;)

I am headed out now. Little bro gets home from his mission today. YAY!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What adorable photos. It looks so calm and peaceful out there and those mountains in the background!!... wow. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm loving the goat picture. So cute!

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I grew up in a very rural area, and now I live in the land of manicured lawns too, I wish my kids had the chance to go back to where I grew up. They have mastered getting dirty though! lol

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger