I am thankful for...

posted on: Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Good Morning sleepy heads. How was your Memorial Day weekend?

Ours was spent doing yard work, shopping, fishing, Pirates of the Caribbean #4, and lots and lots of watermelon eatin', oh yes, and rain. For those of you that don't live in Montana you may or may have not heard that a large portion of our fine state is under water. This coming from a place that is usually considered a drought area.

It's quite sad to look at all the pictures, and to know that many of these people have been without homes for nearly a week and will continue to be without a home for most for who knows how long. During this time though, it has been amazing to witness the sense of community that has come from this devastating event.
Even with all of the flooding many put down their shovels and sandbags to honor our military and venterans yesterday.

 Last night I shed a few tears when I was on Facebook (crazy hormones still), my cousin posted some pictures of a Memorial that has been built to
honor the war veterans from my Mom's hometown in Utah.

My Grandma's name is engraved on the Memorial--he was an amazing person who often told stories about his time at sea, and once told me that a pirate tatooed his forearm. Now, that I am older I am guessing that wasn't true.

;)

This memorial was an uplifting reminder of why I have my freedom today, and I want to thank all those that are still fighting to uphold our values and way of life so that we can still be free.

I am so thankful that we live in a place where we take time to honor and praise those that help to protect our basic values and way of life and even though we only celebrate Memorial Day one day a year I want to try to be more diligent to thank those individuals on a more regular basis.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and took some time to honor those that have sacrificed so much.  

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger